Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The first small bump.

Hello and welcome to the first episode in what promises to be a long, drawn-out, shark-jumptastic serial program! We join Our Hero in Korea...town, L.A., where he is just learning that he may be the victim of poor planning.

You see, he forgot the universal truth that, when given the chance, anybody will take a vacation day. Case in point: the Korean Consulate General of Los Angeles. You see, Our Hero was
supposed to stop by there around noon to get his visa stuff turned in, so he might pick up his bona fide "don't deport my sorry butt after a month" pass to Korea the following day, right before catching a plane bound for the land of poor-planners.

Anywho, the hotel's not on my dime. Neither are the tickets. So, I may just have to enjoy L.A. for a day or two extra. Another option could be to send me to Japan to get my Korean visa, sometime in the first few weeks. I wouldn't mind that, either.

But for now, I'm stuck in the J.J. Grand Hotel in Koreatown, watching Korean soaps (with subtitles) and pondering my life choices.

Tootles!

No comments: